PsySR is not offering internships at the present time.
Psychologists for Social Responsibility is searching for energetic, motivated, and peace-oriented undergraduate and graduate students to serve as interns. An internship is an excellent way to enhance your employability by gaining:
- Valuable work experience
- Additional academic credit (through independent study or a psychology practicum)
- Strong letters of recommendation
- Enhanced marketability
Interns will have the opportunity to work either for the national office in Washington, DC or with our program coordinators in their respective areas or over the internet. Depending upon interns' interests, they may work on a wide variety of projects, including:
- Researching current national and international topics related to specific programs
- Assisting with the preparation of PsySR newsletters
- Working with national office staff to promote PsySR's activities and statements to policymakers and the general public
- Planning and organizing meetings and conferences
- Helping to maintain and develop PsySR's website
- Building relationships and partnerships with other peace-oriented and psychology-oriented organizations promoting cultures of peace
- Updating PsySR's membership database
- Providing general administrative support
Intern positions will be tailored to each intern's specific interests and capabilities so that the internship experience will be a mutually beneficial one. As such, intern applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Interns may apply to work at PsySR for any period of time. Although internships will generally be unpaid, this will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Small stipends will be provided in certain situations.
Psychology students and non-psychology students are encouraged to apply. Past interns focusing on other disciplines have learned about psychological perspectives on building peace, and they have helped PsySR understand different scholarly approaches to these topics. At the moment, we are especially interested in working with interns with communications, media, and public relations expertise.